Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hawaii Sunrise

Sometimes you have to get up,
When the Rooster crows, early in the morning,

To watch a BEAUTIFUL SUNRISE.



Hawaii can cost big bucks,
But with some planning you can find these places
For as little as $45 a night.

It comes with its own alarm clock
(The Hawaiian Rooster).


In Hawaii there are
GREAT
SUNRISES and SUNSETS.

We actually rose at 4am to catch this moment.
It’s one of the most Spectacular Sunrises on Earth.
This morning it was below freezing
And there were ice crystals on the ground.


3 comments:

WVBlue said...

Which island? I've been lucky enough to visit Maui twice. What a beautiful place that is.

Jspiker said...

The picture was taken from the Volcano Rim at Haleakala on Maui.

The elevation is about 11,000 ft.

There were ice crystals on the ground that morning but I recieved a severe sunburn later that day as we hiked to the "first cider cone" on the volcano floor.

It was a five hour trip down and back. The air was thin and made hiking back out a challenge.

There are $45 cabins (not the one shown in the picture) in the crater floor (alloted by lottery drawings)...They are one of the best star gazing places on earth!

Did you go there?

I nearly bought a "Farmers Cow" driving back to the "Bed and Breakfast" near the coast. It jumped out right in front of the car as we were driving down through the clouds.

Scared the beejeebers out of me!

WVBlue said...

LOL! I've been to the top of the Rim, but not at sunrise (or for star gazing. I haven't done the hike, either. Those all sound great!

I have driven all the way around the island (both loops, different days!).

Another highlight was swimming at the base of one of the many waterfalls... on the road to Hana, I believe it was...

I doubt I've been anywhere with as clean air as Maui.